Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hanging in there

It's amazing what happens when you don't blog for a day. People start emailing and calling to ask if you're okay and what's wrong that you didn't blog. :) Thanks everyone. I'm fine. :) I was just tired yesterday was committed to staying on the couch and really resting. Today was more of the same. Adam drove me to morning mass, then we went to Barnes and Noble and I spent about an hour in an over-stuffed chair sipping Chai Latte and reading a book. It was nice to be human again and get out for a bit. The rest of the day was spent back on the couch for the most part. Managed to do the budget (which was 6 days overdue), but definitely paid for it. It's amazing how much even the weight of a laptop can affect my pain level. I never knew how many different parts of the body were connected to what. It's amazing. We are seriously "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14).

This evening I was able to go to my Women of Grace meeting at the church. What a blessing! To see each of the lovely women (a group of 45) was such a blessing to me. I tried to "behave myself" and sat in a nice winged-back armchair in a sea of folding metal chairs (can you say "awkward"?), but I made it. We have been studying obedience and it was an amazing evening. I am WAY too tired to go into further detail, but let's just say that God is teaching me so much, even as I try to teach others. He is so good to us. So more on that topic tomorrow. I promise!

I've had several inquiries on the pain-management front. Don't worry, I'm not dying of uncontrollable pain. It's probably sustained at a 5 out of 10, only spiking higher if I do something strange that tugs pulls, or when I sneeze or cough. But other than that, I'm hanging in there. I think the hardest thing for me is that I can't rationalize my way through the pain and why I'm having it. It just doesn't make sense. Where I'm having it doesn't make sense and how the pain feels doesn't make sense...but oh well. Such is recovery, right? It happens on it's own time and in it's own way. As someone told me recently, "there's not much you can do to speed up recovery, but a lot you can do to slow it down." I'm trying to behave. Really, I am.

God bless everyone, I've got to hit the Codeine and go to bed. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment