Ah...after 10 days, I finally got to go on my first road trip! Granted it was only an hour away, and just for dinner but still...it was wonderful to get out.
We have been playing quasi-"host parents" to a 14-year old Austrian girl this summer while she has been attending Culver summer camp. She has been a true joy in our lives and tonight we were blessed to finally meet her parents who have arrived to pick her up. We had a wonderful dinner together at the Corndance Cafe in Culver and we came home with about 16 pounds of Austrian chocolates! Man I love Austrian chocolates! I was incredibly fortunate not to have much pain at all. Between all of your prayers and the Tylenol with Codeine, I think the pain management might finally be under control. Thanks be to God!
It was a good day, and although I probably over did it because I felt so much better in comparison to previous days, I am thankful for the improvement. I promise, I'm behaving now and resting for the rest of the night and will rest for most of the day tomorrow.
Things I'm thankful for:
* Dear, wonderful, generous, self-giving friends who came over and cleaned my house for me today so that it would be ready to receive visitors. These gals went WAY above and beyond the call of duty.
* Amazing friends and family who have been so supportive, even from far distances, as I have continued through this recovery
* That I was able to stand during the standing parts of the mass this morning. This is the first time I have not remained seated for the entire mass.
* That my pain is under control.
* For Adam, for his friendship and companionship to me this week during my bed rest, and for all that he has done to help Dave and I fix up this new-to-us house.
* That the pain remain under control and that I discern the balance between activity and rest as the recovery progresses.
* That my body would continue to heal properly and that if it be God's will, we would have a little Younger in the not-to-distant future.
* That insurance will cover the surgery and all related costs. (If not, that God would provide in some other way).
* For our Austrian friends and their safe travels as they continue on to Chicago, New York City, Niagara Falls and Washington DC and then back home.
* For all priests and religious and for an increase in vocations to religious life.